Elder Maller

Elder Maller

Saturday, November 5, 2016

3 Nov 2016

3 Nov 2016 - Today is my first P-day here at the MTC.  There are a total of 96 missionaries in the MTC right now, which is almost at capacity.  The food here is great, we have steak all the time and I haven't had the same meal twice yet.  There are 8 missionaries in my district.  My companion is Elder Donsdale from Salt Lake.  There are 2 Aussies, 1 Canadian and the rest Americans in my district. Its pretty sweet, there are 8 of us packed into a dorm.  Me and my companion are the only guys that speak english.  All of our classes are in spanish and all are teachers don't speak much english.  We get to do physical activity everyday for about and hour and a half but other than that the rest of the day we have studies for 12 13 hours a day.  

I'm having a blast here.  I've learned so much here; the gift of tounges is a crazy thing. I found out my companion Elder Donsdall is clinically a genius, he got a perfect score on his ACT's and he's got a full ride academic scholarship to BYU. What's interesting though is we know about the same amount of Spanish. I would like to believe it's because I'm also a genius, but I feel like through the gift of tongues is able to extend are language learning capability past our own ability.  

We've already learned a ton of Spanish.  We went to the temple this morning and it was also all in Spanish but I was able to understand a good majority of the words hahah.  

My P-day next week is on Wednesday cause Elder Rasband is coming!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment